Friday, January 1, 2016

2015: The Year I Hit Rock Bottom




Hitting rock bottom can turn out to the best thing that has ever happened to you if you just “give up.” Give up your pain, your hurt, your anger, your loneliness, your struggles and let God take control.

During the part of 2015 where I literally had that hitting rock bottom experience. I had a very good friend of mine tell me this…

 “Think about your life, how you want it to be in the future. All the people you’ll touch, all the good you’ll bring to the world. Find what really makes you happy and passionate and chase it! Find your dream, fall in love with your dream, love yourself, and God will take care of the rest.”

That challenged me. Not at first. At first all I could see was right then. I was hurt. I was angry. I was sad. I didn’t know what I wanted from life. But over the course of the year I figure it out.

I wanted to write this so it painted a beautiful story and scene in your mind but I came to the conclusion just a plain old list would be better. It’s a list that is not even worded well. My English teach would be sad to see all these incomplete sentences. But here it is.
 
2015, you’ve taught me a lot…

Heartbreaks will heal so don’t be afraid to Love with all you have

I re-found my passion

Never give up on my dream.

 I love youth ministry

 “Be Still and Know that I am God”

Crying is ok

Sometimes the friends I need the most, live right next door


Invest my time with others
 
Jesus is the best

Be present
 
Love big

My identity is found in Christ

Life is too short to stress

Live life with confidence

Take time to listen and find out peoples’ stories

Friends come in ALL ages

Beauty isn’t about your physical appearance it’s about your heart

Strength isn’t JUST about how much you can lift, it’s about how strong your relationship with Jesus is

Family is important

Time is something you never can get back

Be my crazy self

Thank you Jesus and 2015 for shaping me into who I am.  

Maybe this post is more for me. TO remember, to look back and to see that this past year I let go of my life and let God take control.

“Think about your life, how you want it to be in the future. All the people you’ll touch, all the good you’ll bring to the world. Find what really makes you happy and passionate and chase it! Find your dream, fall in love with your dream, love yourself, and God will take care of the rest.”

If you haven’t found who you are and what you’re passionate about find it over 2016 friend!

Find it at the beginning. Dream it. Chase it. Live it. Own it. And Love Big.

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment