Friday, February 26, 2016

Love Well

I use to make plans. I would plan everything and then get upset when something fell through because it wasn't in the plan. Let me tell you planning is not an easy habit to break. I understand that some things  require plans, but, the majority of life doesn't. The happiest I've been is when I just let life unfold and take every winding path as it comes, one step at a time.  Everyday I wake up with absolutely no plan. Just a goal, to love well. Somedays - this goal becomes more of a challenge. Its not always easy to love. I think that's why Jesus is constantly reminding us to "love others" because He knew that somedays we want to keep all that love locked up in the ugly, selfish part of our hearts. Those days my friends are the days you have to pause and pray and ask God to pour his love out of you. 

These last two weeks have been incredibly challenging for me. Situations have came up where it's not been the easiest to love. It's been hard. Then you know those times when you just want to talk to your mom and you can't. 1. Because you're  in Africa, staying out in the village for a few days with no internet and sharing a room with a dozen rats. (Which is another story for another day) 2. When you get back to town, Uganda has shut down all social media. 3. Your iMessages quit working. 4. You know your mom doesn't check her email often and it may be next year before she replies! 😉
So what is there left to do? Cry... and more importantly pray. What I'm realizing are those times when I find it the hardest to love, the hardest to have real joy, the hardest to just do life, I don't need to go to anyone to "talk it out."  I just have to go to God. He is my comfort, my strength and my joy. He is the source of all my love. He is always there loving me and helping me do life. Wanting me to take that same love He freely gives me, even on those days when I'm not easy to love, out to others. How thankful I am that God loves me and hears all my prayers, even the ones where i don't know what to say. Im thankful He keeps me loving well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment